My Puppy went Andy

My Puppy went Andy

Mosaic

Mosaic

Matthew Reilly

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hello Again

Today I thought you might like something Hot and Spicy. Here is my favorite Chili recipe.

Texas Chili

Olive Oil
1 kilo Cubed Beef
250 g Hot Spanish Sausage
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Green Capsicum (Chopped)
1 Red Capsicum (chopped)
1 Tin Red Kidney Beans (Drained)
1 Bay Leaf
1 Teaspoon Oregano
3 Tablespoons Chili Powder (Depending on Taste)
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Tablespoon Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Fresh Chile's Minced
1 Litre Beef Stock (You can buy the Packet stuff works well)
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste



  • Heat oil in big pot add beef, sausage, garlic and onion fry until brown.

  • Add Capsicum and beans stir reguarly.

  • Add all other ingredients to stock mix well.

  • Add stock to pot.

  • Simmer for about 2 hours or until meat is tender. (The longer you cook the better it tastes)

  • Serve with fresh salsa, rice or corn chips. Add sour cream on the side to lessen the heat.

Enjoy!!!



I made this dish for a cooking demo at Inala Library a while back and the customers really enjoyed the sensation of heat and herbs. I do find this is not what most people expect when eating Chili. Most people believe that chili is based on tomato base. I found this recipe in an American Recipe book but have made a few changes that I think do it justice.



Until next time.


3 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

Now you're back on the blogs page!

lionkel said...

Man, now I wish I had your chilli for lunch the other day, instead of stupid healthy grilled fish!

Your cooking is legendary!!!!!

Kel

Puchilandia said...

Frida enjoys this chili with aguacate, a cold cerveza and a good helping of Diego!